Travellers assistance refers to a product/service that is required when travelling. Your professional travel agent is most equipped with the information and resources you need to assist you in your travels. To find a reputable travel agent in your area visit our Travel Directory.
If you have already booked your travel and are looking for more information we hope this section will provide you with resources you can access to ensure your safety and confidence when travelling abroad.
Types of travel assistance programs include:
- Retail: Many assistance companies sell in partnership with insurers or direct to consumers.
- Credit cards: Some credit cards offer travel assistance.
- Travel industry programs: Ticket agents and tour operators will sometimes attach travel assistance to their products.
- Corporate: Large-scale employers sometimes work directly with assistance companies to have their own customized plans.
- Subscribe to the Government of Canada's Travel Updates
- Canadian Travel Advice and Advisories
- Cannabis and the border
- Carry-on or Checked?
- What Can I Bring?
- The Transport Canada Web site
- The U.S Transportation Security Administration's Web site
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Canadian Transportation Agency - Resolving Disputes, Code of Practices, Disabilities
- Embassies and Consulates for Canada
- Fly Smart - Canadian Transportation Agency
- Universal Currency Converter
- Travel with a Child